Sunday, December 14, 2008

ICE!













Last week we headed to Dallas for an interview with Matt. We decided to make a long weekend out of it and go visit our closest friends, do a little Christmas shopping, and just hang out and have a good time. We needed a little getaway.
We were so lucky to get to see "ICE" at the Gaylord in Grapevine while we were up there. It is something I have always wanted to do and I always here people talking on and on about it! I don't even know how to explain this, other than is it breathtaking! The girls loved it! It is a 14,000 square foot "ICE" exhibit that features 2 million pounds of ice in a variety of holiday scenes and sculptures hand carved by 40artisans from China. As you enter the exhibit you are given warm parkas because the place is only 9 degrees!!!!! After we went through the exhibit, we went and toured the hotel lobby and got to meet Santa, see live reindeer, see a huge life size gingerbread house, and they had over 1.2 million Christmas lights to look at all over the hotel. It really put us in the Christmas spirit! We then got to have some adult time without the kiddos and we played the game of Taboo...oh, how I love that game. It is one of my favorites! I did however lose both games...I can blame that on my partners, right?? :)

3 comments:

You can call me AL said...

That is so pretty! I am glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are really nice! Hey, we have an International Ice Carving Festival in Fairbanks every spring.....maybe you would want to travel up and tour our ice sculptures! they are OUTSIDE and the temps can be below zero often!!! :) But the sculptures are awesome and the slides are even better! b

mgox said...

Now these ice things are just too awsome! that slide sure does look fun :D ♥