Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting ready for the holidays...

Just so everyone will know..I think the blogging will slow down quite a bit during the holidays!!! I can't believe that it is already December. We have been very busy for the past week. M has started working on the outside xmas lights. He is so funny...he really is Clark Griswold and wants to go all out with lights and decorations! He has an ongoing battle with our neighbors to decorate with lights! Of course, it is just a battle with himself...I don't even think our neighbors know about it! We bought a huge 8 foot Snowman to put in the yard. We still have all the outlining of the grass to do, but then the outside should be done! I haven't done much with the inside of the house yet other than put up N and A's Christmas trees. N is so excited about her tree. I probably will have to move it out of reach, because all she wants to do is touch it and hold the ornaments. We set up our Christmas tree in the living room, but of course the dreadful has happened...the lights in the middle are all out. Oh well, we will just make do and probably have to buy a tree after Christmas when they are on sale. Hopefully this week I can get the tree and inside of the house decorated. I also have to figure out how to keep A out of the tree...mmmm...any suggestions would be great! :)
I went and visited my aunt and uncle and cousins yesterday in their new house. I just love it and we are so happy for them! I can't wait to see it all decorated...my aunt is such the decorator!
And then their is shopping which I haven't even started!!! That's the fun part though..I love buying for other people!
And last, I sent most of you the link of our family getting "elfed," but in case you missed it...you definitely need to do it with your family. It is hilarious! The website is www.elfyourself.com. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture with Natalie and her tree is precious!!!! The snowman is hysterical..I can just picture Matt outside decorating and 'spying' on his neighbors progress!!!ha!

I know what you mean about needing more time at the hoidays! Love the blog though!!!!

Also enjoyed the 'elfing'!!!!! We too had that sent to us before!!! Very cute!!!!!

love, becky

Fun With Five said...

is that the frosty from the tree farm that was stolen??? hee hee!
can't wait to drive by and enjoy the lights!