Monday, December 31, 2007

Slow...Down,...Eat...Slow, Talk...Slow, Drive...Slow..

Well, I know it has been a while since I last wrote...a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. We lost a wonderful person on the 19th of December. M's grandma passed away. She was 92 years old. I am soooo thankful that we made it up to Illinois over Thanksgiving. We were able to spend a lot of time with her and she got to meet A for the first time. We drove up to Illinois for the services and stayed through the day after Christmas. The girls had a great time seeing Grandma and Grandpa again and A got to meet her aunt Amy for the first time from Alaska. Here is a pic that I found from Thanksgiving 2005 when N met Great Grandma for the first time. I am reminded of something that Great Grandma always said to all the kids...."Slow Down, Eat...Slow, Talk...Slow, and Drive...Slow.." What a great quote to live by..



It has been a whirlwind since we got back home. The girls had Christmas in Illinois, then we did our Christmas the day after we got home, then Granny and Pappa Edd came over to do Christmas, and then finally last night we celebrated with my aunt and uncle and cousins. Isn't Christmas just the best when you are a kid...I just loved seeing how excited they would get opening presents. Here are some pics of the girls and all their many Chrismas celebrations, a pic of M's sister and A, a pic of the "white" Christmas that I got to enjoy...FINALLY!! And a few others...oh and my favorite of N sitting on the radiator at Grandma and Grandpa's house looking for Santa...it is sooo cute!!"
Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve and I will see you in 2008!!










2 comments:

mgox said...

hey! those pics r soooooooooooo cute i love seeine all those funny pics of them! by the way i made a blog of my own today its so awsome!
thanks again for my christmas present i LOVE lipgloss espacialy victorias secret!
bi luv ya:)

Fun With Five said...

Those are precious. Glad to have you back in Texas!
The snow is so pretty!