Thursday, May 8, 2008

Getaway




Last weekend the hubby and I had a nice getaway for our annual trip to Dallas to see Kenny Chesney. He really puts on a great show and this year Brooks & Dunn and Leann Rimes opened up for him. Brooks and Dunn was probably my favorite, but it was bittersweet because that was one of my Dad's favorite bands. I thought about him a bunch while we were there.
Matt and I got to Dallas early so we went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant in downtown Dallas. It was soooo good! Then we met all of our friends at the concert around 3:00 for a big tailgating party. Everyone sets up tents and grills out and just has a good time before and after the concert.
Thank you to our sweet babysitter for taking care of the girls! It was so nice to have a little break and enjoy time with the hubby and friends. Nat and Abby had a blast and enjoyed having you spend the night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great view too!!! I've seen B/D, they are one of my favorites too! I also really like Leann Rhimes! Great concert!!! And it looks like it was outside and hot!!!! I don't know if you heard: Trace Adkins is coming to Fairbanks 5/23 and yes we will be there!!!! And then on 5/29 Sir Elton John!!!!!!! Can you believe it!!!!! Great times in Fairbanks!!!!!
b

PMartin said...

Wow...I didn't even know you had concerts in Fairbanks????!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!